Bar Code: 2359
Description: The Landforms Module develops concepts of physical
geography and mapping. Students use stream tables to simulate the creation
of landforms and make and use topographic maps that describe landforms.
2 drawers of materials and 8 stream table trays
- 8 sets of 6 pieces with dowel for foam mountain
- 2 maps "Bright Angel", "Grand Canyon"
- 2 maps "Furnace Creek", "Death Valley"
- 8 maps, "Mt. Shasta"
- 16 overhead transparency pens
- 8 large photos of Mt. Shasta
- 2 small photos of Death Valley
- 2 small photos of Grand Canyon
- 8 small photos of Mt. Shasta
- Poster of Grand Canyon
- Poster of landform vocabulary
- Poster of Mt. Shasta
- Poster of stream table setup
- Transparencies of overlay grid
- 1 set of 12 duplication masters
- Teachers guide
- Teacher preparation video
- Box of cotton swabs
- 10 1-lb. bags of diatomaceous earth
- Roll of duct tape
- 1 set of 4 food coloring
- 200 gram pieces
- 8 12" rulers
- 5 2-lb. bags of fine sand
- 50 Popsicle sticks
- 8 flood water sources
- 8 standard water sources
- 16 24-cm wood angles
URL: http://rpsec.usca.sc.edu/TravelingScience/FOSS/landforms.html (2002)
Copyright © 2002 by the Board of Trustees of the
Universityof South Carolina.
Ruth Patrick Science Education Center
Center of Excellence in EducationalTechnology
University of South Carolina Aiken
471 University Parkway
Aiken, SC 29801