1. Chemists organize all the information about chemical elements in a special chart.
What is that chart called? (the periodic table)
2. How many atoms of hydrogen are in a molecule of water?
(There are two hydrogen atoms in each molecule of water, H2O.)
3. How are ozone and the oxygen we breathe alike?
(Both ozone and gaseous oxygen are made of oxygen atoms.
Ozone has three oxygen atoms in every molecule, and gaseous oxygen has only two.)
4. What are the states of matter?
(Solid, liquid and gas. Physicists also add plasma to this list.)
5. What element has the symbol Ag? (Silver)
Back to December 1994 Table of Contents
Comments to Rpsec@aiken.sc.edu
URL: http://rpsec.usca.sc.edu/Newsletter/Dec94/trivia.html (August 1997)