: Dr. Gary J. Senn, USC - Aiken, Ruth Patrick Science Education Center
Students will learn the necessary techniques to make the computer a practical tool
in the classroom. Students will learn the basics of an integrated word processor,
spreadsheet, and database program. This integrated package will be used to produce
handout materials, quizzes and tests, a computerized grade book, and student progress reports.
Hypermedia will be introduced so that students can understand the importance of
authoring programs in education. Students will also evaluate a number of available
computer assisted instructional programs.
Upon successful completion of this course the students will:
1. create a grade book using a spreadsheet.
2. create various documents using a word processor.
3. create a data base of student information.
4. design and produce student progress reports.
5. create tutorial stacks using Hypermedia.
6. evaluate various computer software for use in their classrooms.
7. understand and use a computer networking system.