Match the following statements/questions with the correct answers below.
1. This woman was the first woman pilot to fly the Atlantic on a solo flight.
2. Two women presented in this lesson are remembered for their compassion for children, the sick, and the poor. However, the youngest one married into the royal family in England and became the world's queen of hearts. What is her name?
3. This woman became an angel of mercy for she greatly cared for the poorest of the poor. She was a nun from India.
4. A little girl once wanted to read so much that she became determined to do just that! She accomplished much for women and her own race. She was from Sumter, South Carolina.
5. This native American Indian was of the Shoshoni tribe. She brought respect to women, especially native American Indian women. We remember her most for her contribution to the Lewis and Clark expedition.
- B. Mother Teresa
C. Princess Diana
- D. Amelia Earhart
E. Mary McLeod Bethune
THIS IS THE END OF MY LESSON ON A FEW FAMOUS WOMEN! HOPE YOU HAVE LEARNED SOMETHING NEW. TRY THE RELATED LINKS TO READ AND LEARN EVEN MORE!
BACK TO TITLE PAGE
"The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of the
University of South Carolina."